Monday, May 4, 2009

Afternoon at the Orphanage

On Sunday, we all went to church at the orphanages. It was quite the cross-cultural experience! I love hearing people pray in any language. How cool is it that we have a God that knows every languauge and can hear all of our prayers!? Pastor Bob spoke on Queen Esther, which is very dear to me because Roxanne and I journaled the book of Esther right before I came here! I never knew that Esther was an orphan!! God raised her up for such a time as this to save the entire jewish people--what faith she had! I hope this bible story was an encouragement to the kids, because God has a plan for them and it doesn't matter where they have come from as long as they know that He can do BIG things through us. 
After church, we had a meeting with Savorn and then played with the kids at Grace Place. Here are some pictures that I caputured through all the fun!

Eric, Dr. John, Pastor Bob, me and Josie with the BB4- Grace Place kids.


Dr. John and I with the Grace Place kids. 


Grace Place's Director's wife and their little baby.



Somphors-the little girl that Jes Rehm and I sponsor. 


Eric being attacked by the boys! (I love that the girls are posing in the front)!
beautiful.


Find Eric! ;)



The kids love to give massages!! And we all enjoy every moment of them. I think Bob is enjoying the fan too!!


Joci braiding the girl's hair. 


Sweet picture. Eric was playing some sort of hand slapping game with the boys in this shot. 


The little girl that my momma sponsors.


Massage train. 


What a great group of kids!


The kids waving goodbye to Pastor Bob! :(

No comments: