Friday, May 15, 2009

Another Cambodian Wedding!

Wedding #3 (Thursday afternoon) for Jill and I in a matter of a week. We will go to one more on Sunday. It's very common for wedding receptions to happen over people's lunch hours and on random days. It's not like the states where they are typically on Saturday after the wedding.

 
Cake is VERY expensive here in Cambodia.. so to have a cake is a sign of wealth. It was very yummy I might add.  :)

Lighting their version of a 'unity candle.'


The bridal party in one of the many outfits they wore that day. 


Silly string and confetti sprayed on the bride and groom by all the guests.. How would you like that on your cake?

Cambodians are extremely shy about kissing in public. The new bride wouldn't even kiss her husband in public on her wedding day! What a culture shock for me....

The Bridal Party and Family. 


Kevin and Jill :)

Creepy man wanting a picture with us. hah.


The bride in one of her many outfits for the day with Jill and me. 

Chic (Ohn's girlfriend), Jill, and myself.


Dancing around the table! So fun. 


Our table for the reception.


We got home from the reception mid-afternoon on Thursday. It rained really hard for the rest of the night... Jill and I had the all- american dinner: homemade french fries and tapioca pudding. My stomach is all better, can't ya tell? Thanks for the prayers! 

No comments: