Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sunday the 17th, My Last Day in Battambang

Today was a very busy day.  Kevin, Jill, Ohn, and I went to the restaurant with no name again and ate a very quick Khmer breakfast before going to Asia's Hope for church. John McCollum spoke on 2nd Kings chapter 7 and how God used the lepers... very interesting story. It reminded me that God can use anyone for His Glory no matter what the circumstances in one's life. I hope and pray that it was great encouragement to the kids of Asia's Hope. 

John speaking- Savorn translating. 


Then we rushed home to go to my 4th wedding in 16 days. After the wedding reception it was another church service at the ministry center in Battambang. Following that, Jill and I raced back to Asia's Hope to teach English at Grace Place (BB4) while Kevin taught at BB1 orphanage. 
goodbyes until I come back in July. 

Jill and some of the Grace Place girls. 

It looked like it was going to rain, so Kevin, Jill, and I grabbed cold "Hartzler's Chocolate Milk" drinks at the new western place. At 6pm, Jill and I went to dance class at the park and met up with friends. Finally, we were safe and sound back at home. Kraft macaroni and cheese was on the dinner menu. Yummy! :)

Iam very sad to leave the Kane's and Battambang, but am excited for the things ahead. This week, I will hopefully spend some time with Jen, the missionary from Columbus, Ohio. I leave early in the morning to take a bus back to Phnom Penh with Savorn and John McCollum.  Please pray for safety as we travel for 6 hours tomorrow. 

Thank you and goodnight!

No comments: