Wednesday, May 6, 2009

More Cambodia Randomness

Good morning! :)

Well, yesterday (Wednesday) was a random day indeed. Joci and Eric were with the BB3 orphanage directors all day, so I decided to go to a Cambodian wedding with Jill. We went by moto and it was a beautiful drive. Like I said previously, the farther out of Battambang you get, the more jungle-like and green it gets. Most of the roads are dirt and it's just a beautiful site to behold. 



It took about 30 minutes or so to get there (to the wedding reception). We had a map, however, most Khmer people can't read maps, so if you get lost, you're in trouble. Jill and I went to the reception and it was quite the thing to experience. We had an 8-course meal consisting of spring rolls, duck, pork, 2 kids of rice, fish soup, chicken, shrimp, and dessert. I had an older asian lady next to me who kept putting food in my bowl and making me eat it! HA. One thing I learned here- do NOT under any circumstance cross an asian woman. I will tell you more about the Khmer weddings on Sunday.. I have another one to go to on Saturday with Jill. 

Last night, Joci, Eric, the Kane's, and I all took the Battambang 3 directors and their 3 children out to eat at The Bungalow. The Biddle's and I were supposed to go to a YWAM service but it wa too hard to fit everything in before they left today. In Cambodia, you have to learn to roll with the punches-- that happens almost on a daily basis. If you have a plan for the day, expect it to change 3 or 4 times throughout the day. The directors wanted to try american food so we got french fries, hamburgers, and spaghetti. It was so funny. The love french fries!!  People after my own heart! Because this outdoor restaurant is new and they only had one stove, it took about 2 hours to get all of the food for 10 people.  It was a long evening for sure. But we had a great time talking and enjoying one anothers cultures. 

This morning the Biddle's (Joci and Eric) left to go to Phnom Penh. I will leave the TEO Hotel because the Kane's have graciously opened up their home to me and are allowing me to stay with them while I am in Battambang the next 10 days or so. 

No comments: