Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Handprints, Ping-pong, and still sick with a silly parasite.



Hello all!
  First, I want to thank everyone who has been praying for me the past few days! I've had some sort of weird stomach bug and it's been over 48 hours. After talking with my mom last night, we decided it was a parasite and so I've been taking cipro and that's been helping a ton!!  Thank goodness. Jill also has been taking great care of me-making homemade chicken noodle soup, giving me a hot water bottle to calm my stomach. I'm so thankful for the Kane's. . I've been sleeping a lot more than usual but that hasn't stopped me from going to see Asia's Hope kids today! :)

For breakfast, Kevin, Jill, and I went to the sunrise cafe where I had a western breakfast- homemade oatmeal with brown sugar!! Just what my stomach needed.. it was wonderful! Did you know that coconut milk also helps a sour stomach? Jill taught me that.. and yes, it works.  For the rest of the morning and into early afternoon, Jill and I went to Grace Place (BB 4 orphanage) and we did a project that I wanted to do for my church back at home.  We put the kids handprints on a bedsheet with paint and were able to put their names and ages on there as well. The kids don't have school for the next few days because of the King's Birthday! I like that idea.. more time with the kids and no school! :)
Here are some pictures from today!

Blue paint with blue shirt and pink paint with pink shirt :)


First Hand Print on the blank canvas. 




What a cutie!




great pic that Jill took. 


Jill and the kids!


The finished product! :)

When we got home, Jill made (and I helped eat.. even though I shouldn't have) chocolate chip cookies from scratch. YUMMY! And if I feel better tomorrow, Jill said she we could make homemade french fries!! I'm so spoiled here, I'll tell ya what. Tonight was a great night. Kevin and Jill's Khmer tutor and his family came over to play ping-pong and to eat dinner together.  Another missionary family- Dave and Trish Holabeck, and their two little kids, Asia and Austin came over to play as well. It was so much fun. I really enjoy these get-togethers to see how different cultures interact.  

Little Austin enjoying his own game of ping-pong. :)


Little Asia learning to play.. she's getting pretty good too!


Dave and Sophan's wife playing. 


Trish mastering the game all while holding Austin!!


Action shot of Jill! She's pretty fiesty playing ping-pong!

We had red snapper and rice for dinner. I think it's my favorite Khmer meal here. Have I mentioned how they make fish here?  First, you get the fish LIVE. Then you hit it over the head and fry it whole. After that, you peel back the skin and dig in! The fish head is a delicacy here... just fyi. 

Bon Appetit.


The whole group with me.
 
Group pic with Jill.

Time for sleep. We have another wedding to dress up and go to over lunch tomorrow! 
 John McCollum and the team gets here tomorrow. It'll be great to see them. 

1 comment:

SPIES said...

Kaillie -- great job with the blog! Can we have one of those sheets with the hands made for our church? I just absolutely loved the idea!! Take care. Pastor Ivanildo. Oh yes, I heard that parasites like chocolate chips cookies too!